Re. Super Sport Racer for sale

  • steve
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 4:21 PM
      ok i did a bit more research on this car..

      I found the papers (tucked into the seat!)in a SPORTS CARS AND HOTROD
      MAGAZINE number 109 from what appears to be either 1951 or 1950 there
      is an aritcal on this particular car by John Bently.. The artical
      featured this Crosley Super Sport in detail and was heavily modified
      by Art Babin of NY .. the modifications included Austin Syncromesh 4
      speed, reinforced frame with rear swaybar
      Italcamechanica SUPERCHARGER, MG TC pressure plate and clutch....
      Engine developed 42 hp at start and went up from there.. maximum speed
      was 102 MPH and had wins at Linden NJ and Watkins Glen.. won index of
      performence at Daytona also.. the dash is fully gaged and racing
      tires are mounted. 4 wheel disc brakes..
      any interested parties willing to make a possible offer on this
      unique piece of Crosley History

      the car is complete, in very good condition but has engine out for
      rebuild and no rust. been gararged since 1954-55
      contact me directly stevengeorge@... or scg13803@yahoo