Re: Fuel pump oil leak.

  • butch46988
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2007
      Steve,

      If it is the bottom "weep holes" that you are referring to, the only
      way for oil to get in there to leak out is if the rubber, fuel pump
      push rod seal is damaged or missing. (this piece is included in our
      fuel pump repair kit)

      I'm not following some of your description, but anything that pertains
      to the tower shaft, brass elbow and camshaft are not causing your fuel
      pump to leak oil.

      Give me a call, I've rebuilt a lot of fuel pumps and I can better
      explain what to look for.

      Butch and Fonda Williams, Service Motors, 1-574-664-3313

      --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Kimbrel" <skimbrel@...> wrote:

      > We have an ongoing problem with oil leaking out of the bottom of the
      weep oils in the fuel pump.

      > So far we have rebuilt 2 fuel pumps, replaced the extension tube in
      the vertical shaft, and the 90" that slides inside the cam shaft. It
      still leaks.

      > The new tower extension rod fits snug bit the fitting at the cam is
      really loose and sloppy. Also the new shaft extension is threaded at
      the end, my shaft was not threaded.

      > At the cam with the cover off the gears throws oil like a water
      sprinkler, that throws the oil right at the fuel pump.