Fuel pump oil leak.

  • Steve Kimbrel
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19 7:24 AM
      We have an ongoing problem with oil leaking out of the bottom of the weep oils in the fuel pump.

      So far we have rebuilt 2 fuel pumps, replaced the extension tube in the vertical shaft, and the 90" that slides inside the cam shaft. It still leaks.

      The new tower extension rod fits snug bit the fitting at the cam is really loose and sloppy.  Also the new shaft extension is threaded at the end, my shaft was not threaded.

      At the cam with the cover off the gears throws oil like a water sprinkler, that throws the oil right at the fuel pump.

      Does any one have and suggestions, Maybe the hole in the cam is wore out, i don't know.

      Thank you in advance for any ideas,

      Steve Kimbrel
      46 Crosley CC Sedan
    • butch46988
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19 5:18 PM
        Steve,

        If it is the bottom "weep holes" that you are referring to, the only
        way for oil to get in there to leak out is if the rubber, fuel pump
        push rod seal is damaged or missing. (this piece is included in our
        fuel pump repair kit)

        I'm not following some of your description, but anything that pertains
        to the tower shaft, brass elbow and camshaft are not causing your fuel
        pump to leak oil.

        Give me a call, I've rebuilt a lot of fuel pumps and I can better
        explain what to look for.

        Butch and Fonda Williams, Service Motors, 1-574-664-3313