1939 Crosley Convertible

  • crosley1939
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 13, 2007
      Hey all,

      Somehow after the smoke and fireworks had died down I ended up with
      this little 1939 Crosley convertible. All the chassis rebuilding has been done, from brakes to the engine, so the only thing left is the body,
      which is full of rust and rot.

      At this stage of the re-build I'm wondering if anybody has any sites
      that provide pieces and parts, or if it will be a wild goose chase.
      Also I know there wasn't much trimming on the car in '39 but I'm
      wondering if anybody knows where I might be able to track down stuff
      like that.

      Thanks,

      Gizmo
    • David W. Anspach
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 15, 2007
        Gizmo;
        A couple of years back Service Motors sold all of their pre war
        stuff to someone. I apologize for not remembering who it was, but you
        can contact Butch and maybe he can help you. I think most of what he
        had was mechanical parts and not body stuff, but I could be wrong.
        Most pre war people end up fabricating their own (or buying from
        someone who does) body parts. Perhaps the people who bought the stuff
        can help you better. Also, Ed Milish from Yankee Crosley Parts is a
        real pre war aficianado and might be able to provide you with a couple
        of leads. Also don't forget your moderator Lou who is also a pre war
        expert and may be able to give you a few leads. Good luck with your
        pre war. Someday I hope to have one myself. For now I have a "new"
        Farm O Road project to start that will keep me off the streets for a
        while.
        Dave
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 17, 2007
          David W. Anspach wrote: