Re: =CROSLEY= Help?

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2007
      No problem with a full sized PU.  Tail gate down and engine forward....might take some board to help spread the rear axle weight to the bed off the gate.
      RK

      jacke46741 <jacke46741@...> wrote:
      I need to go pick up a Crosley Wagon I bought. I need to know can you
      put a 1948 wagon in the back of a modern pickup truck?

      Even if I have to have a rollback put in in and out it would be a lot
      easier than trailering.

      Thanks, Jack email at picdev@...

      www.kirks-auto.com

    • David W. Anspach
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 24, 2007
        Jack;
        Just a word of caution....a few years ago I picked up a 50 wagon
        on my way to the Crosley Automobile Club National Show in Wauseon. I
        loaded it in the back of a full sized Chevy pickup, engine forward.
        Unfortunately, I had a non functioning emergency brake and I didn't do
        enough to prevent forward motion of the vehicle. On a sudden stop, I
        ended up minus the rear window in the pickup. My suggestion would be
        to put blocks in front of and behind a wheel to prevent any motion.
        Don't depent on tying the vehicle to the truck alone. Good luck!!!
        Dave

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 25, 2007
          GREAT ADVICE!
          Consider 4x or better 6x blocks in the front of the wheels to the bed wall.  As a rule most PUs shift forward.  Thanks Dave!!!
          RK

          "David W. Anspach" <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:
          Jack;
          Just a word of caution....a few years ago I picked up a 50 wagon
          on my way to the Crosley Automobile Club National Show in Wauseon. I
          loaded it in the back of a full sized Chevy pickup, engine forward.
          Unfortunately, I had a non functioning emergency brake and I didn't do
          enough to prevent forward motion of the vehicle. On a sudden stop, I
          ended up minus the rear window in the pickup. My suggestion would be
          to put blocks in front of and behind a wheel to prevent any motion.
          Don't depent on tying the vehicle to the truck alone. Good luck!!!
          Dave

          --- In Crosley@yahoogroups .com, "jacke46741" <jacke46741@ ...> wrote:

          > I need to go pick up a Crosley Wagon I bought. I need to know can you
          > put a 1948 wagon in the back of a modern pickup truck?
          >
          > Even if I have to have a rollback put in in and out it would be a lot
          > easier than trailering.
          >
          > Thanks, Jack email at picdev@...

          www.kirks-auto.com

          Bored stiff? Loosen up...