Crosley takes another win at Hagerstown.

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8, 2014
    • 1 Attachment
    • 262 KB

    HAGERSTOWN MD: Bryan Smith last Saturday night rode his Crosley Kawasaki to an extraordinary AMA Pro Flat Track Hagerstown Half-Mile main event victory, brushing off Jared Mees as the two duked it out on just about every inch of the track. Smith’s win marked the first time since 1996 that a rider aboard a motorcycle other than a Harley-Davidson finished atop the podium at Hagerstown. Smith: “I never would have guessed that I would come away with a win tonight. I don’t think any of my competitors would have picked Jared (Mees) to come away with the Lima win last weekend or myself to come away with the win tonight. These specific tracks aren’t my cup of tea but I’m very fortunate that I have a great group of guys behind me and that I was able to come away with the win. It felt great. I just put my head down. I’ve ridden a lot of laps with Jared (Mees). We’re best friends as he only lives a few miles from me. I want to thank all of the fans here at Hagerstown, they always know how to put on a first-class event.”

  • Nailhead_Russ@...
    Message 2 of 4 , Jul 8, 2014
      From what I can find this was NOT a Crosley powered motorcycle, someone with that name built a Kawasaki. There has been many motorcycles with the Crosley 4 cylinder but this is not one of them.
    • Lou Rugani
      Message 3 of 4 , Jul 9, 2014

        Right, Russ, it's the current Crosley Radio-sponsored Kawasaki racing motorcycle. Doing very well for the Crosley racing team, too. Thanks ...

        Lou

        help me find a home..47 CROSLEY..driving chassis..was driven on the streets in this form...