Re: =CROSLEY= Help?

  • Butch
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22 4:55 PM
      Hello Jack,

      A modern, full sized pickup, with 8 foot bed (4 foot between the wheel
      wells) will hold a Crosley. You just have to run with the tailgate down
      and the rear tires sitting on it.

      We've done it a number of times.

      Butch and Fonda Williams, Service Motors, 1-574-664-3313

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 23 1:23 PM
        No problem with a full sized PU.  Tail gate down and engine forward....might take some board to help spread the rear axle weight to the bed off the gate.
        RK

        jacke46741 <jacke46741@...> wrote:
        I need to go pick up a Crosley Wagon I bought. I need to know can you
        put a 1948 wagon in the back of a modern pickup truck?

        Even if I have to have a rollback put in in and out it would be a lot
        easier than trailering.

        Thanks, Jack email at picdev@...

        www.kirks-auto.com

      • David W. Anspach
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 24 3:45 PM
          Jack;
          Just a word of caution....a few years ago I picked up a 50 wagon
          on my way to the Crosley Automobile Club National Show in Wauseon. I
          loaded it in the back of a full sized Chevy pickup, engine forward.
          Unfortunately, I had a non functioning emergency brake and I didn't do
          enough to prevent forward motion of the vehicle. On a sudden stop, I
          ended up minus the rear window in the pickup. My suggestion would be
          to put blocks in front of and behind a wheel to prevent any motion.
          Don't depent on tying the vehicle to the truck alone. Good luck!!!
          Dave

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 25 5:56 PM
            GREAT ADVICE!
            Consider 4x or better 6x blocks in the front of the wheels to the bed wall.  As a rule most PUs shift forward.  Thanks Dave!!!
            RK

            "David W. Anspach" <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:
            Jack;
            Just a word of caution....a few years ago I picked up a 50 wagon
            on my way to the Crosley Automobile Club National Show in Wauseon. I
            loaded it in the back of a full sized Chevy pickup, engine forward.
            Unfortunately, I had a non functioning emergency brake and I didn't do
            enough to prevent forward motion of the vehicle. On a sudden stop, I
            ended up minus the rear window in the pickup. My suggestion would be
            to put blocks in front of and behind a wheel to prevent any motion.
            Don't depent on tying the vehicle to the truck alone. Good luck!!!
            Dave

            --- In Crosley@yahoogroups .com, "jacke46741" <jacke46741@ ...> wrote:

            > I need to go pick up a Crosley Wagon I bought. I need to know can you
            > put a 1948 wagon in the back of a modern pickup truck?
            >
            > Even if I have to have a rollback put in in and out it would be a lot
            > easier than trailering.
            >
            > Thanks, Jack email at picdev@...

            www.kirks-auto.com

            Bored stiff? Loosen up...