Help?

  • jacke46741
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2007
      I need to go pick up a Crosley Wagon I bought. I need to know can you
      put a 1948 wagon in the back of a modern pickup truck?

      Even if I have to have a rollback put in in and out it would be a lot
      easier than trailering.

      Thanks, Jack email at picdev@...
    • Butch
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 22, 2007
        Hello Jack,

        A modern, full sized pickup, with 8 foot bed (4 foot between the wheel
        wells) will hold a Crosley. You just have to run with the tailgate down
        and the rear tires sitting on it.

        We've done it a number of times.

        Butch and Fonda Williams, Service Motors, 1-574-664-3313

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 23, 2007
          No problem with a full sized PU.  Tail gate down and engine forward....might take some board to help spread the rear axle weight to the bed off the gate.
          RK

          jacke46741 <jacke46741@...> wrote:
          I need to go pick up a Crosley Wagon I bought. I need to know can you
          put a 1948 wagon in the back of a modern pickup truck?

          Even if I have to have a rollback put in in and out it would be a lot
          easier than trailering.

          Thanks, Jack email at picdev@...

          www.kirks-auto.com

        • David W. Anspach
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 24, 2007
            Jack;
            Just a word of caution....a few years ago I picked up a 50 wagon
            on my way to the Crosley Automobile Club National Show in Wauseon. I
            loaded it in the back of a full sized Chevy pickup, engine forward.
            Unfortunately, I had a non functioning emergency brake and I didn't do
            enough to prevent forward motion of the vehicle. On a sudden stop, I
            ended up minus the rear window in the pickup. My suggestion would be
            to put blocks in front of and behind a wheel to prevent any motion.
            Don't depent on tying the vehicle to the truck alone. Good luck!!!
            Dave

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 25, 2007
              GREAT ADVICE!
              Consider 4x or better 6x blocks in the front of the wheels to the bed wall.  As a rule most PUs shift forward.  Thanks Dave!!!
              RK

              "David W. Anspach" <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:
              Jack;
              Just a word of caution....a few years ago I picked up a 50 wagon
              on my way to the Crosley Automobile Club National Show in Wauseon. I
              loaded it in the back of a full sized Chevy pickup, engine forward.
              Unfortunately, I had a non functioning emergency brake and I didn't do
              enough to prevent forward motion of the vehicle. On a sudden stop, I
              ended up minus the rear window in the pickup. My suggestion would be
              to put blocks in front of and behind a wheel to prevent any motion.
              Don't depent on tying the vehicle to the truck alone. Good luck!!!
              Dave

              --- In Crosley@yahoogroups .com, "jacke46741" <jacke46741@ ...> wrote:

              > I need to go pick up a Crosley Wagon I bought. I need to know can you
              > put a 1948 wagon in the back of a modern pickup truck?
              >
              > Even if I have to have a rollback put in in and out it would be a lot
              > easier than trailering.
              >
              > Thanks, Jack email at picdev@...

              www.kirks-auto.com

              Bored stiff? Loosen up...