Re: =CROSLEY= New poll for Crosley

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 21, 2007
      Lou
      This is a tough one.  I would opt for the original as you and I are "original" kind of guys.  However the Service Motors item is really a bit of advertiseing and I am sure there is good reason as they were likly the host of the original club.  However, as we are recreating that club years after its demise and the original Service Motors is long gone, I see no reason to continue advertiseing for something non existant....They are gone but the club is reborn...I thus opt for the new design.
      I know no discussion was asked but I thought I would wade in with my own ideas and stimulate a bit of discussion prior to my vote.  I would be open to having both....in honer of the the original and as a statement to the new!
      R Kirk

      Crosley@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Crosley group:

      Which design for our new CCOC window decal do you prefer? (Your ID will not be visible; poll closes March 5th.)

      o The current CCOC logo (see homepage).
      o The 1950s CCOC logo (check CCOC in Photos).

      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Crosley/ surveys?id= 2151131

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!

      www.kirks-auto.com

      in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
      to find your fit.

    • Butch
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 21, 2007
        Hello Robert,

        Just a minor correction to your post.

        The "Original Service Motors" is NOT long gone, we are still the
        "Original Service Motors"!

        Fonda and I are just the third owners, that's all, but still the same
        company. (Just ask LOU)!

        Butch and Fonda Williams, Service Motors, 1-574-664-3313 (Still "The
        Original")

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
          Butch
          I certainly wasn't trying to slight you, your wife or your business.  You are a profoundly great assest to our community.
          To clairify, the ORIGINAL Service Motors was in New Jersey. Original derives and implies origin, the starting point, the beginning.  Example;  Henry Ford is the ORINGAL founder of Ford Motor Company.  The Ford was the original offering of the Ford Motor Company.  Etc.  The name and business have been sold twice to, I believe I recall correctly, two individuals who now and then reside in Indiana.  Thus the ORIGINAL Service Motors flip side of the ORIGINAL Crosley Club logo is now an advertisement for a business locale which is defunct.
          Again I meant no slight to you, the current and ongoing Service Motors, nor anyone else who could take offense at my missive.
          The point I struggled to make is the ORIGINAL decal, is one sided with superfilous infomation of a business location and phone number which no longer exist.  Why perpetrate the long gone?  And too I recognize the other argument too, "Because it is the orignal decal".
          On the other hand, a few ideas fly in my face to modernize the ORIGINAL addenda, but that would not be for me to offer nor suggest on this forum.
          Respectfully
          Robert Kirk

          www.kirks-auto.com

        • Jim_Friday@Crosley.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
            Egg on you face is still egg on your face eat it!!
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
              Hey Jim,
              Your challenged personality type is legend among those who know you well.  Seems as though you haven't changed much since I first contacted you to help me obtain a Crosley 10 years ago and got about the same kind of "Christian" remarks and advice.
              I for one feel no egg on my face nor foot in my mouth.  If offense was taken I openly apoligized that offense was taken.  I don't apoligize for any mis statement and further explained, with analogies, precisely what "Original" means.
              Our forum is about helping folks and openly expressing opinions in a friendly and civil manner.  We have no "in group" or "clique" here, and freely and openly share with all Crosley Autophiles.
              Butch and Fonda are greatly appreciated by most of our members if not all.  You on the other hand seem to want to promote a non issue with abrasive and coarse and frankly childish meaness!  I openly suggest you confine your "out of lurking mode" comments to either postive and productive or not at all.
              I trust the princple moderator is aware of your palid and paltry attack and considers blocking you from further negitive and meaningless wet noodle attacks.
              Regards
              R Kirk

              Egg on you face is still egg on your face eat it!!

              From: Robert Kirk <kirkbrit@...>
              To: Crosley@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: =CROSLEY= New poll for Crosley
              Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:50:48 +0000

              Butch

              Robert Kirk wrote:

              > Lou
              > This is a tough one. I would opt for the original as you and I are
              > "original" kind of guys. However the Service Motors item is really a
              > bit of advertiseing and I am sure there is good reason as they were
              > likly the host of the original club. However, as we are recreating
              > that club years after its demise and the original Service Motors is
              > long gone, I see no reason to continue advertiseing for something non
              > existant.... They are gone but the club is reborn...I thus opt for the
              > new design.
              > I know no discussion was asked but I thought I would wade in with my
              > own ideas and stimulate a bit of discussion prior to my vote. I would
              > be open to having both....in honer of the the original and as a
              > statement to the new!
              > R Kirk
              > *//*_

              www.kirks-auto. com

              www.kirks-auto.com

              Don't pick lemons.
              See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

            • tim foster
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
                Howdy-

                Did you find a source for printing water decals? I've been looking
                for years and haven't found any place that can do them with
                colorfast inks. Please email me offline timtmaker at yahoo if you
                do have a source for water decals...

                thanks!

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 24, 2007
                  I have a source for the materials but it ain't cheap....inquire directly if interested.  The slide types are becoming rare due to the ease and thriftyness of the vinyl type.
                  RK

                  tim foster <timtmaker@...> wrote:
                  Howdy-

                  Did you find a source for printing water decals? I've been looking
                  for years and haven't found any place that can do them with
                  colorfast inks. Please email me offline timtmaker at yahoo if you
                  do have a source for water decals...

                  thanks!

                  --- In Crosley@yahoogroups .com, Crosley@yahoogroups .com wrote:

                  > Crosley group:
                  >
                  > Which design for our new CCOC window decal do you prefer? (Your ID
                  will not be visible; poll closes March 5th.)

                  > o The current CCOC logo (see homepage).
                  > o The 1950s CCOC logo (check CCOC in Photos).

                  > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Crosley/ surveys?id= 2151131

                  > web site listed above.
                  >
                  > Thanks!

                  www.kirks-auto.com