Re: Just thinking of taking up an old interest for real.

  • David W. Anspach
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2007
      GARY;
      I will not include your letter below in the interest of space
      saving, but rest assured that there are a lot of Crosley people out
      here ready to assist you in your restoration. Obviously you need to
      find a car to restore first but again be assured that there are
      still cars "restin and rustin" (to borrow a phrase from the Crosley
      Quarterly) (sorry for the advertisment Lou) out there to be found.
      In the past year, I purchased the remains of 2 cars for very
      reasonable prices and bought 4 other cars that are restorable for
      slightly more. I even bought one on ebay. THEY CAN STILL BE FOUND!!!
      As to parts, there are several excellent Crosley parts
      suppliers out there. Butch, from Service Motors has pretty much a
      full line available. Edwards Crosley parts, Yankee Crosley, and a
      half a dozen others out there have a line of parts, of course prices
      and availability differ from one to the other. All of them will
      assist you in finding cars also. There are guys that are
      outstanding engine builders, transmission experts, Carb
      experts,interior makers, gauges, sheet metal, and darn near every
      other area of these fine cars. In addition, I will repeat something
      I have said many times...that is that Crosley people are the finest
      on the planet. I don't know what it is about these little cars that
      attracts the nicest people, but I am glad it does.
      I guess what I am saying is...none of us are getting any
      younger. If you are interested in Crosleys...make the jump. I am
      sure you won't regret it. Let us know if we can help!!!!
      Dave