Cruise nights and more ...

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2013
      Hi, Mike. Just a followup. Ever find that station wagon you were hunting for?
      =======
      New Member Hello
      Posted by: "Mike Saltsgaver" miso7@... mik62842
      Date: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:36 pm ((PDT))

      Hello all. I live in southern Illinois & have always been a fan of orphan brand vehicles (5 Studebakers, 1 Kaiser, 1 Hudson, 1 Simplex motorbike....besides a '26 Model T). I've also been a closet fan of the Crosley. Although I'm not aggressively looking at the moment, I do sorta have my eyes open for finding a station wagon at a reasonable price.

      I have my own machine shop at home, am a blacksmith, and even have a commercial sewing machine for upholstery, so I can make just about anything, so restorations are not too difficult for me (now finding the time.....that's another story).

      I've been interested in learning the Crosley mantra ever since I read the story about Mr. Crosley in that old Life Magazine from years ago (I've still got it around here somewhere....) thanks,

      Mike Saltsgaver
      ==============
      ==============
      In today?s busy world too few of us have free time, so we tend to use that limited resource doing things we enjoy, such as working on or driving our Crosleys. We may tend to overlook legislation that could directly affect our cars and only learn of the negative impact of new laws and regulations on our hobby after the fact. We'll keep everyone posted on proposed legislation that could affect our hobby.
      ===========
      Chicagoland Cruise Nights:

      Westchester- Mon nite
      Winfield- Mon nite
      McHenry- Mon nite (Green St.)
      Alsip- Tues nite
      Bridgeview- Tues nite
      Bartlett- Tues nite
      Carpentersville- Tues nite
      Grayslake- Tues nite
      Huntley- Tues nite
      Lake Zurich- Tues nite
      Plainfield- Tues nite
      Port Barrington- Tues nite
      West Chicago- Tues nite
      Cary- Wed nite
      Kenosha- Wed nite (Culvers, 81st/Sheridan)
      Elmhurst- Wed nite
      Geneva- Wed nite
      St. Charles- Wed nite
      Lemont (Downtown) Wed nite
      Libertyville- 3rd Wed of the month
      Mundelein- 2nd Wed of the month
      Addison- Thurs nite
      Barrington- Thurs nite
      Frankfort- Thurs nite
      Westmont- Thurs nite
      Woodridge- Thurs nite
      Batavia- Fri nite
      Geneva- Fri nite
      Downers Grove- Fri nite
      Long Grove- 1st & 3rd Fri of each month
      Rolling Meadows- Fri nite
      Roselle- Fri nite
      South Elgin- Fri nite
      Wheaton- Fri nite
      Villa Park- Fri nite
      East Dundee- Sat nite
      Homer Glen- Sat. nite
      Lombard- Sat. nite
      Mt. Prospect- Sat. nite
      Roselle- Sat. nite
      Cary-"Driveable Dreams" Cruise Nite, 1st Sat of the Month 8-11 AM
      Mt. Carroll- TBA
      For more info on Cruise Nites, log onto:
      www.chicagoareacruise nights.com .