Legislative news: NC title bill.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2013
      North Carolina Bill to Speed Titling Process for Older Vehicles Approved by House; Moves to Governor
      ===========
      North Carolina Senate Bill 344 will assure prompt title action to owners of out-of-state motor vehicles that are 35-years old or older. It was approved by the full House of Representatives and will now be sent to NC Governor Pat McCrory.  If he signs it, the NC-DOT will have 15 days to do the inspection, or the car automatically passes and title is granted.

      Currently, titles are withheld pending verifications by the NC License and Theft Bureau of the NC-DOT, which has been dragging its feet for weeks and months after a request is made, and then vehicle owners are informed that it may take additional weeks or months before a title is mailed,

      NC S.B. 344 will assure a reasonable, reliable time period to have older cars inspected and receive title.

      North Carolinians: please contact Governor McCrory to request his support for S.B. 344.

      North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory
      http://www.governor.nc.gov/contact/email-pat

      Phone:  (919) 814-2000
      Fax:  (919) 733-2120

      Office of the Governor
      20301 Mail Service Center
      Raleigh, NC 27699-0301

      The future of our cars and trucks is always changing. The CCOC defends the hobby with timely e-mail updates on car-related legislation and regulations. Great strength comes with great numbers. Contact your lawmakers to preserve our old-car activities.