1945: Crosley production hopes announced., 6/20/2013, 12:00 am

  • Crosley@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2013
      Reminder from: Crosley Yahoo! Group

      Title: 1945: Crosley production hopes announced.

      Date: Thursday June 20, 2013
      Time: 12:00 am - 12:00 am (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time - Dublin / Edinburgh / Lisbon / London
      Location: Cincinnati, Ohio., CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB, 4526 29th Avenue, Kenosha WI 53140, (262) 652-3034
      Notes: Cincinnati, June 20.UP)Powel Crosley said today he hoped to
      start production by October 1 on a new model midget Crosley automobile as a result of a war production go-ahead for 8,000 units.
      Crosley said his car would be several inches longer than his prewar model  which was small enough to be packed in across the
      width of a standard freight car. The new model will be powered by a four-cylinder engine now being manufactured for the navy, he declared, and will develop 28 horsepower against 12.5 in the earlier model, with no increase in weight. Crosley's new firm, yet to be fully organized as "Crosley Motors, Inc." will produce only one model, ordinarily for two persons, but usable by four. Sale of his interests in the Crosley Corporation, except in the automobile manufacturing end, to Aviation
      Corporation, for $22,000,000 was announced yesterday.

    • Eider de Mello
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19, 2013
      Any interest? Located in Chula Vista 91910

      Title: 1945: Crosley production hopes announced.

      Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20, 2013
        Hi Eider-

        Are you selling the car? I talked to you a while back when you were planning on building a custom body for it.
        Let me know if you are interested in selling - I'm sure I can help find a buyer.

        tim
        timtmaker@...