Overheating.

    Message 1 of 2 , May 21, 2013
      Thanks, all, for helping Steve on this issue. One other solution for those who have tried everything else is to have the radiator re-cored with a heavy-duty element such as police cars use. That worked for me in 2007 on my chronically-hot early-'48 CIBA-engined CC station wagon. Randy's Radiator in Racine WI did the job for $175, but check in with Service Motors first. Good luck, Steve ...

      =Lou=
    • Steve Carroll
      Message 2 of 2 , May 22, 2013
        Yes, thanks to all that have offered their expertise to help me! I truly appreciate it!

        The Crosley is in storage right now, as I'm working on the Wife's '60 Metropolitan in the garage.  Getting it ready for a re-spray.  Should have it done by the end of this week and will be bringing the Crosley back home.  Going to install the shields first, thinking this will probable do the job, but cleaning out the bottom of the block sounds like something I need to do.  Hopefully I can put that off until it cools off this fall when I plan on doing some painting.

        I'll keep y'all posted on my progress and thanks again.

        Steve Carroll
        Bradenton, Fl

        Via iPad