Re: =CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= Running hot

  • Kenneth Cahill
    Message 1 of 14 , May 20, 2013
       You are right. I just thought maybe an increased duration of driving might have also suddenly occurred. Your suggestions are definitely the first things to try.
      Appreciate your experience and expertise.
      Kenn

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 20, 2013, at 7:19 AM, "Peter Berard" <berard_m@...> wrote:

        ken, this is true.  I have blasted a mess out of derelict
      blocks, but I am responding to the Crosley Cat who had
      a sudden attach of overheating.
      Message 2 of 14 , May 21, 2013
        Of  course you can remove the side cover/s in situ.  If yours is anything like the 6 I have done, you will be amazed at how much lower crud insolation lies there.  This is the result of castings and years of oxidation thus the sludge is very fine particulate.  Depending on how aggresivly you undertake the task, you will probably see damage to the diverter meant to send cooler water in an orientation, and possibly a deteriorated hose nipple.

        Heat of course is at the top combustion area and why these little mighties get along so well over the years but purging the crud can only be a small blessing of salvation for the motor.