'47 CC wagon.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20 8:54 AM
      Thanks, Steve. The cars were rugged enough to travel nationwide (with a few errors that were later corrected such as the weak early CC front axle, the inadequate CC "GAS" generator, the 1939's Waukesha cast crankshaft and lack of universal joints, and of course the CoBra engine, plus a few other things that were efforts to control costs and prices that backfired and caused lack of public confidence once the word spread.

      There was one other problem: low-priced cars didn't get the same maintenance respect as more expensive cars from owners or mechanics.

      Thanks again, Steve...

      From: Steve Carroll

      Message
      1. Chance meeting
      Posted by: "Steve Carroll" steve@... astrocady
      Date: Sat Apr 6, 2013 12:28 pm ((PDT))

      This after noon I was returning from a local car show in the Crosely,
      and decided to stop at the grocery store for a couple of item on the way
      home. When I got out of the car, a lady shouted across the parking lot,
      "What kind of car is that?" When I answered a Crosely, she literally
      jumped up and down saying "I knew it! I said to myself it had to be a
      Crosley?"

      Turns out when she was young and living in Miami she had one. She said
      "It was a great car and was a real runner." That term surprised me a
      little and when I quizzed her about she said, "One summer I drove that
      little car from Miami to New York City to visit a friend, then back
      home. My dad said I'd never make it, but that little car just purred
      along perfectly the whole way."

      I'm glad I decided to make that unplanned stop on the way home.

      Steve Carroll
      '47 Station Wagon

      Messages in this topic (1)

      ~ Esse quam videre ~