Re: =CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= Re: Paint color

  • Steve Carroll
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 13 2:00 PM
      Thanks Bruce & Fonda.  Since my tag has been painted over, I'm pretty sure it has never been removed.  What about a list of original colors? I have them by year for our Metropolitan, but so far haven't found that info for the Crosley.

      Steve

      On Apr 13, 2013, at 4:35 PM, "butch46988" <butch@...> wrote:

      Steve,

      The only way to get any idea of the original color of your car from the serial number is to remove the tag from the firewall and see what color the firewall is underneath it.

      If no one removed the tag if/whenever it was repainted, that color should be the original.

      As far as the serial number itself, it doesn't give you a clue.

      Butch and Fonda Williams, Service Motors Inc., 1-574-664-3313, www.servicemotors.net

      --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, Steve Carroll <steve@...> wrote:

      > Is there anyway to tell from the serial number what color my 47 station wagon was originally painted? Or even what colors were available?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Steve

    • butch46988
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13 5:36 PM
        Steve,

        We have paint color charts for sale, with the color chips and a semi-modern paint conversion, where a conversion number is available.

        Many automotive paint suppliers can take the color chip and scan it with their color computer and come up with a match.