Re: =CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= "1948" VC on eBay.

  • jerrysummey
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8 7:02 PM
      I sent the guy a message telling him there are no 48 Hotshots and the VIN was a 1950. He replied that it was titled a 1948 and that he was going to leave it that way!

      In a message dated 4/8/2013 9:32:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, x779@... writes:

      And the headlamps aren't stock, and it isn't a Hotshot as advertised, but otherwise it looks very solid and together.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390570734058

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18 8:58 AM
        Thanks for the update on the seller's corrections, Bob. I think he got a number of Crosleyphile emails and, along with fears of potential misrepresentation, it caused him to revisit his listing.

        =Lou=

        1a. Re: That, ahem, "1948" VC on eBay ...
        From: bobweit

        Message
        1a. Re: That, ahem, "1948" VC on eBay ...
        Posted by: "bobweit" bobweit@... bobweit
        Date: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm ((PDT))

        look at the e-bay seller he had added an ament to the ad and said they are tring to correct the title what more can be asked ?

        --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "LouRugani" <x779@...> wrote:

        > Re: "1948" VC on eBay.
        > Posted by: gaelecsol@... jerrysummey
        > Date: Mon Apr 8, 2013 7:02 pm ((PDT))
        >
        > I sent the guy a message telling him there are no 48 Hotshots and the VIN was a 1950. He replied that it was titled a 1948 and that he was going to leave it that way!
        > ~~~~~~~~~
        > Thanks, Jerry. When a seller misrepresents facts as he did, a lot of his credibility towards potential buyers goes south, too. The best offer on that overly-bugeyed VC was $5,001, and he wanted more, so it didn't sell.
        > ~~~~~~~~~~
        > In a message dated 4/8/2013 9:32:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        > x779@... writes:
        >
        > And the headlamps aren't stock, and it isn't a Hotshot as advertised, but otherwise it looks very solid and together.
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390570734058

        Messages in this topic (2)

        ~ Esse quam videre ~

        Post your Crosley chat, stories, questions/answers and memories now at www.onelist.com/group/Crosley/post