"1948" VC on eBay.

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8 6:31 PM
      And the headlamps aren't stock, and it isn't a Hotshot as advertised, but otherwise it looks very solid and together.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390570734058
    • jerrysummey
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8 7:02 PM
        I sent the guy a message telling him there are no 48 Hotshots and the VIN was a 1950. He replied that it was titled a 1948 and that he was going to leave it that way!

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18 8:58 AM
          Thanks for the update on the seller's corrections, Bob. I think he got a number of Crosleyphile emails and, along with fears of potential misrepresentation, it caused him to revisit his listing.

          =Lou=

          1a. Re: That, ahem, "1948" VC on eBay ...
          From: bobweit

          Message
          1a. Re: That, ahem, "1948" VC on eBay ...
          Posted by: "bobweit" bobweit@... bobweit
          Date: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm ((PDT))

          look at the e-bay seller he had added an ament to the ad and said they are tring to correct the title what more can be asked ?

          --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "LouRugani" <x779@...> wrote:

          > Re: "1948" VC on eBay.
          > Posted by: gaelecsol@... jerrysummey
          > Date: Mon Apr 8, 2013 7:02 pm ((PDT))
          >
          > I sent the guy a message telling him there are no 48 Hotshots and the VIN was a 1950. He replied that it was titled a 1948 and that he was going to leave it that way!
          > ~~~~~~~~~
          > Thanks, Jerry. When a seller misrepresents facts as he did, a lot of his credibility towards potential buyers goes south, too. The best offer on that overly-bugeyed VC was $5,001, and he wanted more, so it didn't sell.
          > ~~~~~~~~~~
          > In a message dated 4/8/2013 9:32:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          > x779@... writes:
          >
          > And the headlamps aren't stock, and it isn't a Hotshot as advertised, but otherwise it looks very solid and together.
          > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390570734058

          Messages in this topic (2)

          ~ Esse quam videre ~

          Post your Crosley chat, stories, questions/answers and memories now at www.onelist.com/group/Crosley/post