April 5, 1952: Lewis M. Crosley appears on CBS' Parade of Stars Auto Show., 4/5/2013, 8:00 pm

  • Crosley@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5 5:45 PM
      Reminder from: Crosley Yahoo! Group

      Title: April 5, 1952: Lewis M. Crosley appears on CBS' Parade of Stars Auto Show.

      Date: Friday April 5, 2013
      Time: 8:00 pm - 8:30 pm (GMT-06.00) Central Time (US & Canada)
      Location: Waldorf-Astoria Hotel Ballroom - New York, New York., CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB (CCOC) - 4526 29th Avenue, Kenosha, Wisconsin 53140-3044, (262) 652-3034
      Notes: The first automobile show to be nationally televised in the United States, broadcast live. It was hosted by Ken Murray and included several celebrity appearances and musical acts as well as brief interviews with a number of noted automobile company executives and representatives, and superceded the regular "Suspense" program on that evening. Lewis, Ken and Royce Martin of Auto-Lite display a 1952 VC Super Sports, and "Miss Crosley" is featured in Scottish tartan, reciting "Hoot mon, I'm called Miss Crosley, a sports model that's elite. I'm easy on your pocketbook, and today that's hard to beat. I'm America's most-needed car and brother, that is me."