Re: =CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= 1939 Crosley Convertible Coupe EV Conversion

  • Steve Carroll
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3 2:53 PM
      Sounds like you got a nice project, Duane.  I'm looking forward to following you through on your restoration.

      I'm thinking I'm going to do some painting on mine later this month.  I need to upload some pictures if I can figure out how.

      Steve

      On 4/3/2013 5:30 PM, duane.knapik wrote:
       I live in Tucson Az. Purchased car from member Don Mahn in Tucson.
      Just finished restoring a 1970 Challenger R/T and was looking for another project and came across this Crosley. Don is too ill to complete project.

       Chassis apppears to be solid. Chassis has been mediablasted and painted restored, has new floating brake linings, tie rod ends, appears differential has been rebuilt, body has been mediablasted, has some rust in floorboards and on front fenders.
      Seller said it was complete except for engine (does have bellhousing,starter, cylinder covers)fabric top and fabric material on seats.

      --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, Steve Carroll <steve@...> wrote:

      Congratulations on your purchase! I can't answer any of your question, but I am interested in your car. What condition is it?. Where are you located. I am in Florida and I recently purchased a '47 station wagon that's running very nice. Having a ball with it!

      Steve

      On Apr 2, 2013, at 2:13 PM, "duane.knapik" <duane.knapik@...> wrote:

      Just purchased a 1939 Coupe and am considering coverting to electric power since the engine is missing. Has anyone done the EV conversion and willing to provide some information how to convert or where I can find 1939 engine.

      Thanks

      -----
      No virus found in this message.

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3 9:47 PM
        Al's a longtime CCOC member but gets very involved in his work and travel for Chrysler so he may be on a project. I'd suggest hanging tight until he checks in. Our Butch Williams at Service Motors also stays in contact when possible. He rebuilt my '42's engine, and it was amazing how worn it had gotten once he opened it and how much more power it had after completion.

        You can scan and email photos to Lou@..., Duane. Thanks!
        ========