1939 Crosley Convertible Coupe EV Conversion

  • duane.knapik
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
      Just purchased a 1939 Coupe and am considering coverting to electric power since the engine is missing. Has anyone done the EV conversion and willing to provide some information how to convert or where I can find 1939 engine.

      Thanks
    • Steve Carroll
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
        Congratulations on your purchase! I can't answer any of your question, but I am interested in your car. What condition is it?. Where are you located. I am in Florida and I recently purchased a '47 station wagon that's running very nice. Having a ball with it!

        Steve

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
          --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "duane.knapik" <duane.knapik@...> wrote:

          > Just purchased a 1939 Coupe and am considering coverting to electric power since the engine is missing. Has anyone done the EV conversion and willing to provide some information how to convert or where I can find 1939 engine.
          >
          > Thanks

          Hi, Duane. Give Al Calvin a call at (419) 485- 3422. He's our Waukesha engine expert, located in Montpelier, Ohio. There are a number of extra engines out there as Waukesha built over 10,000 Cub 150 Twins. Send photos if possible, and best wishes ...
        • duane.knapik
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
            Tried calling Al Calvin at 419-485-3422 but number is out of service.
            Any other leads on engine?

            Tried posting photos but cannot fiqure how to attach using this e-mail.

            --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "LouRugani" <x779@...> wrote:

            > --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "duane.knapik" <duane.knapik@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Just purchased a 1939 Coupe and am considering coverting to electric power since the engine is missing. Has anyone done the EV conversion and willing to provide some information how to convert or where I can find 1939 engine.
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > >
            > Hi, Duane. Give Al Calvin a call at (419) 485- 3422. He's our Waukesha engine expert, located in Montpelier, Ohio. There are a number of extra engines out there as Waukesha built over 10,000 Cub 150 Twins. Send photos if possible, and best wishes ...

          • jerrysummey
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
              He is listed in the Club Membership roster at 419-551-6128.

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
                I live in Tucson Az. Purchased car from member Don Mahn in Tucson.
                Just finished restoring a 1970 Challenger R/T and was looking for another project and came across this Crosley. Don is too ill to complete project.

                Chassis apppears to be solid. Chassis has been mediablasted and painted restored, has new floating brake linings, tie rod ends, appears differential has been rebuilt, body has been mediablasted, has some rust in floorboards and on front fenders.
                Seller said it was complete except for engine (does have bellhousing,starter, cylinder covers)fabric top and fabric material on seats.

                --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, Steve Carroll <steve@...> wrote:

                > Congratulations on your purchase! I can't answer any of your question, but I am interested in your car. What condition is it?. Where are you located. I am in Florida and I recently purchased a '47 station wagon that's running very nice. Having a ball with it!
                >
                > Steve
                >
                > On Apr 2, 2013, at 2:13 PM, "duane.knapik" <duane.knapik@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Just purchased a 1939 Coupe and am considering coverting to electric power since the engine is missing. Has anyone done the EV conversion and willing to provide some information how to convert or where I can find 1939 engine.
                > >
                > > Thanks

              • Steve Carroll
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
                  Sounds like you got a nice project, Duane.  I'm looking forward to following you through on your restoration.

                  I'm thinking I'm going to do some painting on mine later this month.  I need to upload some pictures if I can figure out how.

                  Steve

                  On 4/3/2013 5:30 PM, duane.knapik wrote:
[...]

                  -----
                  No virus found in this message.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
                    Al's a longtime CCOC member but gets very involved in his work and travel for Chrysler so he may be on a project. I'd suggest hanging tight until he checks in. Our Butch Williams at Service Motors also stays in contact when possible. He rebuilt my '42's engine, and it was amazing how worn it had gotten once he opened it and how much more power it had after completion.

                    You can scan and email photos to Lou@..., Duane. Thanks!
                    ========