Re: =CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= EXCLUSIVE! Crosley to return as government-backed automaker!, 4/1/2013, 12:00 am

  • Steve Carroll
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2013
      Do you think this will help or hurt the value of my '47 station wagon?

      My dad bought a Cadillac eldorodo convertible as an investment when they said they were stopping all convertible production.  Then, a few years later they started making soft top again and he lost his shirt.

      Ya suppose that'll happen to us?

      LOL 😜😃😆

      On Mar 31, 2013, at 7:04 PM, "Peter Berard" <berard_m@...> wrote:

       OH NO!!
        I just invested my last of shooter marbles and the Daisy BB rifle.

      Did I make a bad decision?

      Date: Monday April 1, 2013
      Time: 12:00 am - 12:00 am (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time - Dublin / Edinburgh / Lisbon / London
      Location: By Daniel Strohl, CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB (CCOC)
      Notes: We've just received confirmation from executives at Crosley Corporation that the company has secured financing and will return once again as an automaker. In a deal months in the making, the administration's auto industry task force, frustrated with the current Big Three's halting attempts to produce a fleet of green automobiles, decided to fund an outside company with experience in the auto industry to construct affordable and efficient automobiles. According to sources, the task force spent a week coming up with a list of manufacturers, and member A.F. Day recalled that Crosley still exists as an appliance manufacturer in Winston-Salem, North Carolina with another branch of the former company producing radios in Louisville, Kentucky. Day approached Crosley officials with a $2.2 billion loan guarantee, which is earmarked for a new factory in the Winston-Salem area, though other sources state that the factory could possibly be built in Alabama or even near Cincinnati. Day will also work with Crosley officials to choose an industry leader to head up the new company; sources suggest that Roger Penske's name tops the short list of candidates. It seems the new Crosley Automobile Corporation is expected to file papers of incorporation soon and will quickly enter the market by rebadging a Toyota product, the iQ, which is expected to hit the American market shortly before the Crosley's expected launch date. However, sources say the Crosley will differ from the iQ in that the Crosley will offer an all-electric drivetrain with lithium-ion batteries designed to fully charge in about 10 minutes. Range is expected to be about 300 miles, and top speed about 80 miles per hour. Rumors pinpoint North Carolina-based battery company and defense contractor Saft for supplying the lithium-ion batteries. Pricing so far has not been announced, but expect an entry-level price tag less than $10,000. Crosley may work with Toyota on developing a station wagon version for sale sometime later.