RE: =CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= March 28, 1961: Powel Crosley, Jr. dies at Mount Airy in Cincinnati, Ohio., 3/28/2013, 12:00 am

  • Dale Deem
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2013

      Is there a meet in las vegas this weekend?

      thanks

      March 28, 1961: Powel Crosley, Jr. dies at Mount Airy in Cincinnati, Ohio.

      Thursday March 28, 2013

      Time:

      12:00 am - 12:00 am (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time - Dublin / Edinburgh / Lisbon / London

      Location:

      CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB (CCOC) - 4526 29th Avenue, Kenosha, Wisconsin 53140-3044, (262) 652-3034

    • Tim Foster
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2013
        Yes- it is open to all microcars, not just crosleys.  I don't have the info handy but if you google 'microcar show march 30 las Vegas' i'm sure it'll pop up

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 28, 2013

             Hello Tim, and all CAC group,

             While I've always been an enthusiast of small cars, I'd like to understand the defining rules for the types, aka micro.
            It appears to be loose enough to include a 1275 Mini Cooper to a Peel 50 cc car.  Might encompass Henry J / Allstate for all I know. Chunk in a Smart Car, a 1958 Buick Roadmaster and a Grey Hound bus and we gut it covered, eh?

            I've been to meets, as well as museums, that have qualified them as 750 cc or less. Some require 500 cc or less.  Others insist minus 360.

            And, if y'all didn't get a chance to visit the Bruce Weiner collection,  Madison, (in the United States of Georgia), well, bless yer heart.
           It was just a couple hundred miles frum my house.
           And I'm broke' hearted I can't do that again.
           What a shame it's gone.
           What an amazing collection.
           What a hoot it was.
          What it was to see hundreds of folks with the same interest.
          Howsomever, wasn't the first Wartburg there!?
          Harrumph, cough, sneeze, smoke, ring a ding ding.
          Wish I had my 57 DKW station wagon again................p

          Yes- it is open to all microcar, not just Crosleys.  I don't have the info handy but if you google 'microcar show march 30 las Vegas' i'm sure it'll pop up