Legislative update.

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2013
      HR 875 has been introduced in Congress for a study on how 15 to 20 percent ethanol (E15 and E20) impacts engines. The National Academies would have 18 months for the study, during which time sales of E15 would be halted. The Senate is studying another bill (S. 344) to ban E15 totally.

      The EPA now allows E15 in 2001 and newer vehicles, but agreed to make it “illegal to fuel pre-2001 vehicles” with E15 and a  warning label on the pump, but  will not protect consumers from accidentally misfueling these vehicles/engines.

      H.R. 875 prevents the EPA from permitting the sale of E15 before the report from the National Academies has been submitted to the House Science Committee. As far as we CCOCers, it potentially protects our Crosley engines that can be harmed from E15.

      Contact your member of the U.S. House of Representatives to request support for H.R. 875. For more information, contact Dan Sadowski at dans@....
      =Lou=

      The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.       Robert Anthony