Sweethearts & Orphans XIV, Feb 22-24 in Denton, TX.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2013
      Sweethearts & Orphans XIV, Feb 22-24, in Denton, TX
      Posted by: "John Clement" johnclementtx@... johnclementtx
      Date: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:30 pm ((PST))

      Hi, Happy New Year and best wishes to all. I am forwarding this information to a lot of old friends just in case you haven't seen it yet.

      Sweethearts and Orphans is alive and well and will be held in Denton, TX, on Feb 22-24, 2013. I am semi-retired but I am still vitally interested and hope to see you there!

      As our base of veteran car hobbyists shrinks (or, as in my case, just slows down a bit!), it's increasingly vital for those of us who cherish our "orphans" to get together to celebrate the great history that our cars reflect and to display the kind of excitement and camaraderie that our beloved hobby holds for old and young alike. We need to share our blessings with new participants and keep rekindling the car passion of those of us who have been in this great hobby for years. Please make every effort to join us this year!

      Those of us who are fortunate enough to own and love these cars have a special obligation to bring our treasured marques to the attention of new generations of car guys and gals. S&O was largely created to allow that to happen. Please keep it going strong!

      Here is the detailed info on S&O XIV.
      Hope to see you soon!
      John (and Jeannie too)

      The North Texas Chapter of the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club invites you to Sweethearts and Orphans XIV. This year we will be returning to Denton, Texas. Once again, we will meet on the same weekend as the Decatur Swap Meet. You can combine these two great events into one terrific, fun-filled, old car weekend!! The goal of this meet is to bring orphan car owners together and to establish and renew their friendships. Additionally, we want to set aside a weekend during the Valentine season to celebrate and honor our spouses and significant others for their support (and tolerance) of our old car habit. On this note, because February is National Heart Month, the proceeds of our meet will benefit the American Heart Association.

      Sweethearts and Orphans has never been a judged meet. It is not about competition. We want to admire our unique vehicles, establish friendships, and enjoy ourselves in a relaxed and friendly setting. There are Peoples' Choice Awards by decade, and a Sweetheart's Choice Award. The lasting friendships and great memories are the true prizes you will bring home from this meet.

      Registration will open Thursday, February 21st at the host hotel in the Hospitality Room between the hours of 4 and 8pm. Registration will re-open the morning of the 22nd, from 8:00am-8:30am, as well as in the evening, from 5:00pm-8:00pm. On Friday evening we will meet in the Hospitality Room. It will be a time to visit, swap car stories, and play games. Feel free to bring along snacks and drinks to share, adult beverages, and games or cards to play.

      Friday the 22nd is also the date of the Decatur Swap Meet, just 29 miles west of Denton via US 380. For those not going to Decatur, there is an event planned for Friday. We plan to leave the host hotel at 9:00am for a tour of some of the horse ranches in the area. We will have lunch at Mom's on Main in Aubrey. After lunch, we will visit the UNT campus to sit in at the rehearsal of the world-famous Grammy-award-winning, One O'clock Lab Jazz Band. Transportation will
      be provided for tour participants.

      Saturday the 23rd: the car meet will take place at the parking lot of Wells Fargo Bank at 101 South Locust St. The parking lot is on E. Hickory St. behind the bank, and less than a block east of the courthouse square. There will be on-site registration from 9am until noon. We ask that all vehicles be on display from 9:30am until 3:00pm. An area of the lot will be reserved for non-orphan vintage cars. We ask that participants not hold parking spots for friends not yet registered. Mention that you're a member of the CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB if you'd like to be together; please note this on your registration form so we can reserve the necessary spaces. We will make our best efforts in accommodating these requests.

      There are a number of interesting shops, boutiques, antique stores, and restaurants around the courthouse square and on Hickory and Industrial Streets.

      On Saturday evening, we will have a special sweetheart's outing to Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant. We will leave the hotel at 6:00pm to enjoy dinner in this lovely renovated Victorian-era home, where we will be entertained by musicians Link and Dave. The meal is a fixed price of $25 per person (including gratuity) with your choice of salad, entree, dessert and beverage. Beer and wine are available for an additional charge.

      The award presentations and 50/50 drawing will take place in the Hospitality Room at 9:00am on Sunday morning. We will be able to say our goodbyes and be on our way home by mid-morning.

      Our host hotel is the Homewood Suites by Hilton, 2907 Shoreline Drive, Denton, Texas 76210. There is a special room rate for the meet set at $89.00 per night plus tax. This great rate includes a hot breakfast buffet each morning (two per room). Reservations are made to the hotel directly. You can find the hotel online at
      http://homewoodsuites.hilton.com/en/hw/groups/personalized/F/FTWDEHW-SOC-20130221/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG or call hotel directly at 940-382-0420.

      We will have a 50/50 Raffle again this year with 50% of the money collected in ticket sales going to the winner and the remaining 50% to the American Heart Association, so we can show the organization how much we support the great work they do. See you at the meet!

      For more information, please call Anne Marie Mozynski at 214-213-2261 or e-mail ammozynski@...

      ---------------------------

      Sweethearts and Orphans XIV Registration

      Name______________________________

      Affiliation: Crosley Car Owners Club

      Name (second nametag) ------------

      Address__________________________

      City, State, Zip_________________

      Phone _(_____)___________________

      E-Mail___________________________

      Car: Year, Make & Model _________

      Do you need trailer Parking? ____

      Family Registration ($20 prior to the meet, $30 at the meet)

      $______________

      Friday Tour and Luncheon ($20 per person)

      $______________

      Saturday Dinner ($25 per person includes gratuity)

      $______________

      50/50 Raffle Tickets ($5 each, 6 for $20, or 15 for $40)

      Total Amount Enclosed

      Make Checks payable to "Sweethearts and Orphans Meet"

      Mail Check and this form to:

      Anne Marie Mozynski,
      309 N. Heartz Rd.
      Coppell, TX 75019