SpamBots.

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2012
      Thanks, Robert and Derick. We'll always put those whose computers have been compromised onto moderation, and that's not to be interpreted as a slight; they're victims of these spammers.

      Merry Christmas to all of us, every one.

      =Lou=

      ~~~~~~~~~~ **-=\/=-** ~~~~~~~~~~

      The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.  Robert Anthony

      From: Robert K
      1b. Re: hey!
      From: Moore, Derick

      Messages
      1a. Re: hey!
      Posted by: "Robert K" kirkbrit@... kirkbrit
      Date: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:25 am ((PST))

      Folks,
      I certainly am not as proficient as many with computers. I got a suspect email with a link, copied only half the the link, and put that in my browser to search. Took me to the same place....how profoundly stupid of me.

      End result, my address book and password were hijacked and did to me the very thing it did to the "friend" I know who originally sent me the message.

      Lessons learned, READ THE SUBJECT LINE carefully and even from a friend if you have the slightest doubt DO NOT VISIT AN ATTACHED LINK. Missing out on a joke or two will not impact your life. Getting hacked will.

      If you are the victim of this kind of hack, look in your sent files to view messages you know you did not send, clear you browser, ask a computer literate friend or do a search to learn how and immediately change your email pass word.

      If you are an Apple user apparently you are immune.

      Sorry to go so far off topic but I consider it a personal violation that has infected people I know or care about.

      --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kirk <kirkbrit@...> wrote:

      > hey hey here you go http://msn.msnbc.com-december.net/jobs/

      Messages in this topic (3)
      1b. Re: hey!
      Posted by: "Moore, Derick" derick.moore@... derickgmoore
      Date: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:55 am ((PST))

      Sorry Kirk, BUT...

      Apple users are not immune, but they are a lower profile target for a couple of reasons.

      First, a hacker has a bigger target environment when they pick Windows platforms.
      Second, hacking Apples OS doesn't provide the same 'recognition' and 'fame'. Hackers aren't Apple enthusiasts!

      So, your advice is every bit as relevant to Apple users, just slightly less likely to happen.

      Derick

      --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Crosley%40yahoogroups.com>, Robert Kirk <kirkbrit@...<mailto:kirkbrit@...>> wrote:

      > hey hey here you go http://msn.msnbc.com-december.net/jobs/

      Messages in this topic (3)