November 14, 1940: From THE LYONS DEN by Leonard Lyons, 11/14/2012, 12:00 am

  • Crosley@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2012
      Reminder from: Crosley Yahoo! Group

      Title: November 14, 1940: From THE LYONS DEN by Leonard Lyons

      Date: Wednesday November 14, 2012
      Time: 12:00 am - 12:00 am
      Location: Crosley Car Owners Club (CCOC), 4526 29th Avenue, Kenosha WI 53140-3044
      Notes: Powel Crosley, Jr., told of a Crosley carowner who had run out of gas, and persuaded a Cadillac driver to tow him to a gas station.
      The cars were linked, and then the Cadillac driver started racing, from 50, then 60 and finally up to 70 miles an hour. A motorcycle cop started in pursuit. The Crosley driver became alarmed, and sounded his horn to warn the Cadillac driver  who ignored the honking, and increased the speed to 80, to elude the cop. At 80 the motorcycle cop halted. He told his superior officer: "Now I've seen everything.
      I was trying to catch a Cadillac doing 70, the driver steps it up to 80  and what do I see? One of those little Crosleys behind him,
      giving him the horn."