1942 Crosley Prototype Mecum Auction

  • bkrsdoz@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2012
      I didn't catch the auction live, but wondered why the beautifully restored 1942 Convertible Sedan went for only $9,700?
      I figured it would go for at least double that! Does someone know more details?
      Us prewar lovers are dying to know the low-down!
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2012
        --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, bkrsdoz@... wrote:

        "I didn't catch the auction live, but wondered why the beautifully restored 1942 Convertible Sedan went for only $9,700?
        I figured it would go for at least double that! Does someone know more details?
        Us prewar lovers are dying to know the low-down!"
        =========
        I know, that was crazy, wasn't it, considering the car's history and the factory modifications? The other Crosleys did well, though.

        Sometimes we just have to say "Go figure". Like when I had the only eBay bid on Powel Crosley's personal intercom from his office in the Crosley Building. The bidding war I'd braced for never happened.