Fighting spam.

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2012
      We've had a bit of spam here on occasion. To fight it, download the free Avast! antivirus. You'll also need a good firewall. WIndows XP has one built-in, but it's only good for a first start-up. Run Windows update with the firewall up, then download a free firewall such as ZoneAlarm. With Avast! and ZoneAlarm both running, attacks to your system are reduced to a minimum. Another suggestion: open an e-mail account to use to register websites and such when they demand an e-mail address, keeping your other one for friends and important memberships such as this. Use a Hotmail address for "newsletters," "site registrations," etc., as many sites and companies sell addresses to spammers.

      =Lou=

      The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.       Robert Anthony