Re: =CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= Std width of disc brake rotors

  • Peter Berard
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 26, 2012
       1/4 inch.
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 1:53 PM
      Subject: Re: =CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= Std width of disc brake rotors

      Thank you very much Jerry!
      Best,
      Jorge

      On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:36 PM, <gaelecsol@...> wrote:

      Sorry Jorge, should have been 0.240 & 0.243. inches.

      In a message dated 7/26/2012 1:24:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, jfergua@... writes:

      Hi Jerry,
      Thnaks for your reply. What units are you using to express the width? I was expecting the width to be of the order of 0.250" to 0.265" (inches).
      Please clarify.
      Thanks,
      Jorge

      On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:16 PM, <gaelecsol@...> wrote:

      Jorge, I have a front that measures 2.040 and the rear is 2.043, they both appear to have never been turned down. I have no idea as to the minimum thickness allowed.
      Jerry S

      In a message dated 7/23/2012 4:07:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, jfergua@... writes:

      Does anyone know what is the standard width or thickness of the Goodyar disc brake rotors for Crosley (width or thickness when the discs were new). What is the minimum thickness they can safely be to remain useful?
      Thanks,
      Jorge Fernandez