Gould's Microcar Classic.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20 12:38 PM
      Gould's Microcar Classic photos are now up!
      Posted by: "Charles Gould" chasgould@... chasgould

      Date: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:04 am ((PDT))

      Apparently the link was truncated. Here is the full link for photos:

      http://bubbledrome.com/mmclassic_12/uday_12.html

      Copy and paste if link is not active.

      Chas

      ========

      On Jul 19, 2012, at 12:15 PM, Charles Gould wrote:

      Gould's Microcar Classic Event was a huge success, and photos are starting to be sent in. We will post all photos as they arrive on our website.

      We have not yet finished counting the attendees and cars, but will post that information soon. I can tell you that forty cars and 92 people climbed Wachusett Mountain without incident or breakdown. One Isetta threw the drive Guibos on the long drive to the mountain, but that was the only casualty of the weekend.

      For the record Carter drove his Messerschmitt almost 400 kilometers from Esperance, NY to attend this event, and the Kabinenroller performed flawlessly, only losing a single hubcap, which was recovered and reattached.

      He was accompanied by Rob, who was driving a Fiat Cinqucento, so these two cars won the longest distance driven to attend this event. Impressive distance in these tiny cars with no mechanical issues whatsoever. Give them both a round of applause!

      We had a wonderful time, and it was a great event.

      Thank you so much to all of the people who helped to organize and run this event and to all who traveled to attend and participate.

      Please let us know what you think of the photos.

      Charles

      =========

      Gould's Microcar Classic photos are now up!

      It WAS a great weekend, as always. Even with my bum shoulder preventing me from driving my Goggo, I had a wonderful time. The people and the stories are as much fun as the cars themselves. I won't soon forget the story of the '46 Motorette with its original hand-control mods, or the rusty VW bus with the bullet holes, or Max's electric Saab. Or biker-girl Monique and her Ninja. Thanks for being such a great host, Charles, and for creating such a rich venue for microcar fellowship.

      Mark Nelson

      A collector of TV signal boosters and UHF converters -- God help me!
      http://tv-boxes.net