Small Crsley collection @ auction

  • jon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2012
      Recently a friends father passed leaving him with quite a collection. Several models of cars have been uncovered. Including 4 Crosleys, a Crosmobile, Farm-O-Road, Hotshot, and Supershot. The Hot and Super shots may or may not be correctly listed. As they are somewhat similar and I am not familiar with these guys.
      With the cars are a few extra engine blocks and spare parts.
      These along with several other vehicles will be sold at an auction. Taking place at the 35th Annual Lemay Car Show: www.lemaymarymount.org/lemay-car-show.htm
      Website for auctioneer: http://www.matherauctions.com/ We are in Tacoma Washington, about 35 miles south of Seattle.
      I was hoping to find a local section of your car club to correspond with, to see if there would be any interest in the Crosleys.
      Any help or interest would be greatly appreciated.

      Thank you,

      Jon Reed
    • timtmaker@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 2012
        Hi Jon- there is an active west coast crosley club- I edit the newsletter, the Tin Block Times, and I'll be happy to run a notice about the auction in the next issue. If you would like to contact me directly I am at timtmaker 'at' yahoo dot com

        -tim
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: "jon" <reeddaddy@...>
        Sender: Crosley@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 23:30:13 -0000
        To: <Crosley@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: Crosley@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: =CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= Small Crsley collection @ auction

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 18, 2012
          Thanks, Jon. The most-visible difference between the Super Sports and the very similar Hot Shots are the doors on the Super SportsPlease feel free to post any photos or send them to X779@... and we'll post them in our For Sale album.