Re: Lifting body off of frame

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16 10:54 PM
      --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "olwoodie" <olwoodie@...> wrote:

      "I have a 1951 Super station wagon and I am wanting to lift the body off of the frame. I have everything undone including the steering column and box. Here is my BIG question: The three brackets on each side of the frame extend out to the outside edge of the floor. The rockers seem to curve down under these brackets. Is it possible to lift the body up past these brackets ? Do you have to slide the body forward or backward ? Hoping someone can give me an answer, the wagon has new paint on it and I don't want to damage the paint. Thanks, Wayne."
      Wayne,

      It's possible, but could we ask why you'd be tackling this job at this late stage of the restoration? My suggestion would be to remove the rockers to facilitate matters, but then again, there's the matter of re-welding and repainting them afterwards. The body can slide either forward or backwards once it's unbolted and lifted. I hope this helps. Let us know of your progress ...