USS Iowa tour and more.

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2012
      A great time was had by the Pacific Coast folks, and many thanks to Chuck for setting everything up, including the ice cream, a nice touch. There were about 100 cars and at least six Crosleys, I'm told.

      Got to talking about Crosleys on another busy forum, and upon mentioning Crosleys the topic of safety came up:

      Non-Crosley owner: "I'd hate to get hit in one of those things."

      Lou: "Those 'things' have a name: they're Crosleys. What kind of car would you like to get hit in?"

      NCO: "I've seen the crash tests. Modern cars are so much safer."

      L: "If safety itself was the ultimate goal of living, we'd never set foot out of the house. No one would climb mountains, or dare to fly an open-cockpit fabric-covered biplane, or go boating, surfing, skydiving or skiing, or playing football or hockey, or a thousand other activities, such as driving old cars. We who like these things might all be "safer" without them, but in effect we'd be dead already.

      Sure, I watch out for the other guy/gal in traffic and where I'm stepping. Still, the object of life in my view is not to warily tippytoe through each day but to live it and enjoy it so we can say at the end that we had a great ride."

      Any thoughts?