Miss Crosley (Leah Weatherby) update.

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2012
      I had a lengthy chat with our Miss Crosley 1952, (USMC Sgt., retired) Leah Weatherby and I sent her a copy of her TV appearance with Lewis Crosley and Ken Murray at the 1952 New York Auto Show at the Waldorf-Astoria. Check our Miss Crosley album for several photos of Leah then and now.

      Leah suffers from macular degeneration and hasn't been able to drive for about 10 years, and said with a laugh "I also have one leg shorter than the other, and I'm 200 years old!"

      She was visiting a Crosley dealer in Ithaca, New York with a friend looking to buy a new car, where a photographer noticed her and recruited her to be Miss Crosley at the NY Auto Show. (Her friend didn't buy the Crosley.) Later she led quite a life as a photographer in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1951-54 where she met and married James Newcomb, a USMC Band member. She also has sold real estate, managed a hotel and restaurant, worked as a loan officer, taught pre-school and worked in a college's environmental science and forestry department. "That was when you could get a job," she said.

      I think Leah would love getting messages from us Crosley folks. Her birthday isn't till June, but anyone wanting to send best wishes to our Miss Crosley, email privately to Lou at X779@... and I'll bind them together along with a card. Just a line or two will do. We CCOCers will always remember our own.