Re: Barrett-Jackson auction results:

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2012
      *Hah!* Right on, Butch; thanks!

      That slipped right by me while taking phone dictation.

      'R209900' is of course not a VIN but a Crosley CIBA engine casting number. Barrett-Jackson made the common error of using that as a VIN, even though they knew where the early-'47 CC pickup VIN plate was, and got that one right.
      Thanks again, Butch. ;-)
      --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "butch46988" <butch@...> wrote:

      Lou,

      The VIN on the '48 looks VERY familiar & common!

      Butch and Fonda Williams, Service Motors Inc., 1-574-664-3313, www.servicemotors.net

      "LouRugani" <x779@> wrote:

      Also, that '48 CC fire truck (VIN R209900, Lot 661) sold without reserve for an even $22,000.00.