Re: Barrett-Jackson auction results:

  • butch46988
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2012
      Lou,

      The VIN on the '48 looks VERY familiar & common!

      Butch and Fonda Williams, Service Motors Inc., 1-574-664-3313, www.servicemotors.net

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2012
        *Hah!* Right on, Butch; thanks!

        That slipped right by me while taking phone dictation.

        'R209900' is of course not a VIN but a Crosley CIBA engine casting number. Barrett-Jackson made the common error of using that as a VIN, even though they knew where the early-'47 CC pickup VIN plate was, and got that one right.
        Thanks again, Butch. ;-)