Barrett-Jackson auction results:

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2012
      Thanks to Tom from Barrett-Jackson for the phone-call update on the SCOTTSDALE 2012 Crosley results over the previous weekend.

      Two Crosleys sold. That dark-silver early-'47 CC pickup truck (VIN CC4724500, Lot 333.1) sold without reserve for an even $11,000.00. It had come from a CCOC member's estate in Carson City, Nevada and we have photos in our Trucks album.

      Also, that '48 CC fire truck (VIN R209900, Lot 661) sold without reserve for an even $22,000.00.
    • butch46988
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 24, 2012
        Lou,

        The VIN on the '48 looks VERY familiar & common!

        Butch and Fonda Williams, Service Motors Inc., 1-574-664-3313, www.servicemotors.net

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 26, 2012
          *Hah!* Right on, Butch; thanks!

          That slipped right by me while taking phone dictation.

          'R209900' is of course not a VIN but a Crosley CIBA engine casting number. Barrett-Jackson made the common error of using that as a VIN, even though they knew where the early-'47 CC pickup VIN plate was, and got that one right.
          Thanks again, Butch. ;-)