Re: =The CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= Legislative up dates:

  • Peter Berard
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2011
         I have a bone to pick here with the powers that be. See below.

        I have been an antique collector for over 50 years. When I first got involved the general perception was an article has to be 50 years old to qualify.  And, anyone who tried to pass off anything younger was regarded as a fraudulent individual. If things continue as they have, I could manufacture antiques today!

        The state of Georgia, at one time, provided historical Tags/license plates. This tag was available for cars older than 25 years. I find that honest enough.  The antique automobiles were awarded a permanent tag, black or later, tan.

        So where ta heck did we go wrong? Who decided to adjust these things and grab the hands of time? Most importantly, who benefits from such, and did they have a hand in the decision?  Suddenly my genuine antiques are to be classified with stuff only half as old, and thus devaluated.  All this is a crock of horse hockey and allows flee market and such operators, to operate under false pretences.  My opinion, of course.

        Just my thoughts to bend a few ears.  So whatcha all think?............pete