Anniversary Reminder

  • Crosley@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 556 , Nov 13, 2011
      Reminder from: Crosley Yahoo! Group

      Title: November 14, 1940: From THE LYONS DEN by Leonard Lyons

      Date: Monday November 14, 2011
      Time: All Day
      Repeats: This event repeats every year.
      Street: Crosley Car Owners Club (CCOC)
      City State Zip: 4526 29th Avenue, Kenosha WI 53140-3044
      Notes: Powel Crosley, Jr., told of a Crosley carowner who had run out of gas, and persuaded a Cadillac driver to tow him to a gas station.
      The cars were linked, and then the Cadillac driver started racing, from 50, then 60 and finally up to 70 miles an hour. A motorcycle cop started in pursuit. The Crosley driver became alarmed, and sounded his horn to warn the Cadillac driver — who ignored the honking, and increased the speed to 80, to elude the cop. At 80 the motorcycle cop halted. He told his superior officer: "Now I've seen everything.
      I was trying to catch a Cadillac doing 70, the driver steps it up to 80 — and what do I see? One of those little Crosleys behind him,
      giving him the horn."

      Yahoo! Greetings:  Send a Yahoo! Greeting
      Yahoo! Shopping:  Browse Yahoo! Shopping Gift Guide

    • Crosley@yahoogroups.com
      Message 556 of 556 , Jun 3, 2012
        Reminder from: Crosley Yahoo! Group

        Title: 1948: Powel Crosley III dies at 36.

        Date: Monday June 4, 2012
        Time: All Day
        Repeats: This event repeats every year.
        Location: Miami, Florida.
        Street: CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB - 4526 29th Avenue
        City State Zip: Kenosha, Wisconsin 53140-3044
        Notes: Powel Crosley III, the son of Powel Crosley Jr. and Gwendolyn Bakewell Crosley, dies of a sudden heart attack at his Miami home. He had been the general manager for the Crosley Marine Research Laboratory in suburban Coral Gables, Florida. He is survived by his widow and three sons, all of Miami.