Re: =The CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= Crosley Parts/cars found?

  • W R
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 4, 2011
      Matt: I think I know the guy your talking about. I couldn't grt him to commit to any pricing or to selling anything. Most of the stuff is in very sad condition. Leet us know what happens
      Pete & Paula

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 5, 2011
        just read your email about a old farm with Crosley cars and parts on it that sounded like they were going to try and clean up the place. I only live about 20 minutes from there and would really like to find out if there is any thing going on like a comming sale or what. Sure could use parts and whatever.
        Art Lawshe
        airmechyah@...

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 7, 2011
          Art or Matt
          Did either of you get to take a peek at the parts/cars?  Please post a follow up.

        • lazlobassett
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 7, 2011

            Yes I did,

              Yesterday I went over and had a look around, bought a few things ( non Crosley) I did ask about the hotshot, the guy said all the Crosleys had to go as 1 lot.

            I didn’t count but I think there are about 10 of them in various states, all poor. There are several chassis, a bunch of motors, who knows what? I am thinking of making an offer, but not sure what exactly I’d do with so many, open a Crosley junk yard?

          • Peter Berard
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 7, 2011
                If you have room to store them it'd be a great deal for you as well as us owners.  We will always need parts............p

                Yesterday I went over and had a look around, bought a few things ( non Crosley) I did ask about the hotshot, the guy said all the Crosleys had to go as 1 lot.

              I didn’t count but I think there are about 10 of them in various states, all poor. There are several chassis, a bunch of motors, who knows what? I am thinking of making an offer, but not sure what exactly I’d do with so many, open a Crosley junk yard?

            • airmech
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 7, 2011
                No I haven't found out where they are in Jackson, but I will keep trying to locate the farm.
                Art

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 7, 2011
                  Could you tell me where the farm or wherever the Crosleys and parts are. I sure would like to go over there and take a look at what is there.
                  Art
                  airmechyah@...

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 9, 2011

                      I've chased so many Piper Cubs in the barn that now, I hunt them in my sleep...........p
                    just read your email about a old farm with Crosley cars and parts on it that sounded like they were going to try and clean up the place. I only live about 20 minutes from there and would really like to find out if there is any thing going on like a comming sale or what. Sure could use parts and whatever.
                    Art Lawshe
                    airmechyah@...

                    I saw some pictures of Crosley parts/cars at an old farm in Jackson NJ, the place is to be cleaned up and you all know what that means. I'm going to go look today and will take pix.

                    Cheers!

                    Matt

                  • Geoff
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 10, 2011
                      Maybe I'm stupid. I don't understand this whole thread of messages. One guy says he's going to go and take pictures, because he's seen pictures, another guy can't find the place, another guy is looking for an aeroplane. What the hell? I haven't seen any pictures, haven't seen the site, flyer, notification, haven't even felt the vibe that led to this thread, and have certainly not ever seen a "barn find" aeroplane! Are these messages the result of solar flares?

                      > I've chased so many Piper Cubs in the barn that now, I hunt them in my sleep...........p

                    • lazlobassett
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 11, 2011

                        Well, Not sure how to help you with that. After a huge amount of time soul searching and the like, I have decided not to attempt to become the new Jersey Crosley car parts King ( I think that position is occupied anyway, right Pete? )    if you are interested, contact me and I’ll tell you where the stuff is. He said ALL the crosely stuff goes as one lot. I have equipment and can help with extraction/hauling. I want the Packard hood ornament off the Hotshot and if a deal is made that is what I want out of it. Greedy, I know J

                           Cheers!

                          Matt

                          lazlobassett@...

                      • mpicaro
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 11, 2011
                          Oh, yes, I have pictures but don't know how to upload them to the group.

                          --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, lazlobassett <lazlobassett@...> wrote:

                          > Well, Not sure how to help you with that. After a huge amount of time soul
                          > searching and the like, I have decided not to attempt to become the new
                          > Jersey Crosley car parts King ( I think that position is occupied anyway,
                          > right Pete? ) if you are interested, contact me and I'll tell you where
                          > the stuff is. He said ALL the crosely stuff goes as one lot. I have
                          > equipment and can help with extraction/hauling. I want the Packard hood
                          > ornament off the Hotshot and if a deal is made that is what I want out of
                          > it. Greedy, I know :-)
                          >

                          > Cheers!
                          >

                          > Matt
                          >

                          > lazlobassett@...

                        • airmech
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 11, 2011

                            Hi:
                            got your email about crosley parts and cars in or near Jackson NJ. Im only about 20 miles from there and would like to know where the farm is or how to get in contact that knows. I know a few people that live in that area that could probably help me with directions.
                            Art
                            e-mail   airmechyah@...