Test =The CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= Test

  • Terrance Robinson
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 19, 2011

      I am having a time figuring out how to send a note on the Crosley list. This is a test--
      Thanks--
      Terrance Robinson
      Kaneohe, HI

       My 52 Super Sport has a Tee handle that was a stock piece for other American cars, mounted just to the right of the steering column..................p
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 20, 2011

           It worked

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 20, 2011
          Terry
          Both "tests" were posted to the list...hope that helps.

        • Terrance Robinson
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 20, 2011
            gracias!

            A Model of Christian Charity
            "We are all responsible (institutions and individuals) to each other and to serve the common good" --Gov John Winthrop
            "This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in." -- Theodore Roosevelt

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 20, 2011
                  If anyone needs pictures of the fly off parking brake handles, I'll be glad to take pictures of the many variations on my cars and post.

                  Indecently, the fly off brake is set by pressing the button in 'whilst' holding the lever applied (up) on my English roadsters.  When the Lemans start takes place, the release happens when the handle is snatched up and turned loose.
                  No button pressing required...............pete
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 22, 2011
                  Exactly Peter...I was a little ahead of myself.  Lifting releases lifting and button press sets...most clever in any event!

                • Peter Berard
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 14, 2011
                       I have two post war Crosleys and have owned two others in the past.  The cars I have delt with have had two different devices. The 48 truck came with a handle that is quite like the door handle, except it connects to a notched rod that runs vertically through the floor by the driver's right leg about 6 inches in front of the seat.

                      The other in in my 52 Super Sport and is a common looking 50s Tee handle that exits through a ratchet mount at the right side on the steering column...............p