Racing VC for sale.

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2011
      Steve stevegeorge@... wrote:

      This 1952 Crosley Super Sport (see New Photos) has been parked since 1955 after being fitted with a custom supercharger and being raced in the Northeast in the early '50s. It is now available from its private owner out of New York for $8500 including a spare blower, original Wards racing tires, a vintage Corker helmet, and a Watkins racing suit. Contact us if you are interested.

      The car pictured is the actual car for sale, and the seller has many more black and white track photos. This American-made roadster has an Austin A40 manual transmission and all the factory bumpers and hubcaps. The rear has a very vintage license plate and a body-mounted spare.

      We like the rarity and early American ingenuity exhibited by this car. If the early racing history could be legitimized, this one has real value. Early '50s sportscar racing was the beginning of it all.

      It has been inside since 1954-55 when it was parked (the owner bought a 356 to drive) and it was RACED at the `Glen' in the early '50s and at Linden NJ, and probably other places.

      Built by Art Babin with an Italamechanica blower this car kicked a.. in its time; only a failure of the generator caused it to lose.

      The pic shows Watkins Glen road course BEFORE the tragic accident. The owner was one of the founding members of the SCCA with a 55-year membership (I got the watch to prove it) I inherited the car - I know the history as told by the old man. I have the suit and the corker helmet to go with the car, a bunch of spares (enough to build another engine), a top and tonneau cover, pictures, and a magazine or two with the car in it. email me directly for further information. stevengeorge@...
    • tim foster
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2011
        HI Lou- Is this a new ad?   I thought Steve sold this car a few years ago?
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 17, 2011
          tim foster <timtmaker@...> wrote:

          "HI Lou- Is this a new ad?   I thought Steve sold this car a few years ago?"
          Good question, Tim; it came in dated October 9, 2011 and so I considered it rather current and therefore worthy of posting. I'm not that knowledgable on the situation itself, but thanks much for the clarification.