SF, CA: Jimmy's Old Car Picnic is Saturday.

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2011
      This weekend is Jimmy's Old Car Picnic!
      Posted by: "David Russel" djrussel@... cits4fun

      Just a F Y I for those in the greater SF area. Entry for Cars requires a $40 donation. It has
      been years since I've attended but it was a very eclectic event.

      The 23rd annual Jimmy's Old Car Picnic will be held this Saturday, October 15, 2011 in Golden Gate Park's Speedway Meadow.
      Admission for vehicles is the same as last year, a $40 donation.
      Proceeds go to benefit the developmentally disabled. Walk-ins are
      free.

      We welcome everyone - no car required! Bring your family! Bring your camera! Bring a picnic lunch!

      Bonus: no disc jockeys, Elvis impersonators or any kind of loud music(?) at all. Also, no vending.

      Speedway Meadow is located within Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. It's near 30th Avenue on John F. Kennedy Drive, west of Crossover/Transverse Drive. Vehicles must enter the Meadow coming east from Ocean Beach, on JFK Drive. Or enter the Park at 30th Avenue from Fulton, then turn left onto JFK Drive.

      For a map and more info:
      http://www.jimmyspicnic.com/directions.php

      Questions:
      jimmyspicnic@...