Help!

  • jerrysummey
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2011
      I need ideas on how to remove a very stubborn oil pressure relief plunger from the crankcase. I have soaked it in a very, usually, reliable penetrating oil for the last 2 days and it still won't budge.
    • Peter Berard
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2011
          I think the best way is to tap anything rusted inwards to get it begin to move.  This breaks it loose from the walls and once it begins to move patients is the savior.  A little back and fourth with penetrating oil will wash the rust away.  May take some time but any forceful applications will only lock it up worst...........p
        I need ideas on how to remove a very stubborn oil pressure relief plunger from the crankcase. I have soaked it in a very, usually, reliable penetrating oil for the last 2 days and it still won't budge.

      • Steve Carroll
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 16, 2013
          I lost me gas cap today. Anyone know of a replacement part number?

          Steve
          1947 station wagon

          Via iPad
        • Richard Williams

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 19, 2013
                Try NAPA for an old lawn mower cap. They were the same as most 50 and 60 small engine caps Have the counter man look in his NAPA small engine catalog.............p

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 19, 2013
                Great tip, Pete!  I'm tied up today and tomorrow, but Thursday I'll go check it out for sure. Thanks!

                Via iPad

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 25, 2013
                  • 155 KB
                   Has Iron Block, registration as 1947, was street driven in San Diego as you see it with some seat bolted on.

                  Let know folks, sad to see my little project go..but better loved some where else!

                  Eider de Mello