Re: =The CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= New Metal Gas Tank

  • Peter Berard
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2011
        A 16 gage tank would weigh at least 40 pounds, but certainly would solve one's Crosley gas tank problems for a century.

       Propane?    That's an option...........p
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2011
        I stopped at a UPS store on the way home and weighed the tank, 19 pounds on their scales. It is exactly the same size as an original tank with the slanted sending unit opening, fuel pick up tube, bottom drain and mounting tabs. He copied my old Hotshot tank that was completely rusted out.
        The corners are square, not rounded.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2011

            I stand corrected.  But if you ever want to turn the car into a steamer that tank'll make a good boiler.....LOL.....p