Chromeplating.

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2011
      An offlist ad came in from Chrome-It www.chrome-it.com in Topping, Virginia. Any feedback on this firm is appreciated.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 12, 2011
        I can not comment on this particular outfit but as the costs of true triple plating sky rocket...there are a number of products now getting wide spead attention as alternatives to chrome.  They are mostly aluminum based and are covered with a protectorate to prohibit or greatly reduce the attendant problem with aluminum oxidation.  Some are little more than 2 or 3 stage painting type products.  I have examples still shining 10 years after the fact and bang for the buck a definite yes.

        In fact I have a completely "chromed" CI Crosley engine....steel, iron and alloy all plated/covered with this bright and shiny.

        The tell is in the written contract and nothing holds up well on exhaust manifolds unless it's a high temp coating...I prefer powder coating even to ceramic which was OEM on Jaguar.  Aluminum spray was OEM on MGs of the early 50s on the intake side.