CARnage.

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2011
      Thanks, Charles. We now have more photos of that ugly scene in our Miscellany album, including one of the Lexus driver herself who caused all that havoc. (One wonders whether the impact caused her to drop her cellphone and her lipstick. ;-)

      The Pontiac is obviously totaled, but that
      hotrodded '40 Ford is probably salvageable by means of the neighboring Pontiac absorbing the brunt of the impact.

      In all fairness, the Lexus seems hardly damaged, considering the circumstances.

      I'd always recall that scene I'd mentioned witnessing fifteen years back whenever I'd park the Crosleys at a meet and have that memory under consideration as I chose a spot.

      Lou,

      Co-moderator, CCOC

      From: Charles

      Message
      1a. Re: Lexus attacks two vintage cars.
      Posted by: "Charles" cedt026@... phantomae026
      Date: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:24 am ((PDT))

      I saw photos of that crash, and was greatly upset by the horrid images.
      I had the unfortunate opportunity to watch a similar incident at a car show just outside Chico, CA. An elderly lady missed a turn and plowed through my friends' 36 Chevy at 35MPH. Pushed it quite a few feet, into the vhecy next to it, and almost into my Buick. she was driving a later 70's Cadillac, could have been a lot worse.
      -Charlie

      Messages in this topic (2)

      Post your Crosley stories, questions/answers and memories now; click www.onelist.com/group/Crosley/post
      ___________________________

      Visit our CCOC Store: www.cafepress.com/CrosleyClub
      Crosley Car Owners Club websites:
      <www.onelist.com/group/Crosley>
      <www.onelist.com/group/CrosleyService>
      <www.onelist.com/group/Crosley3>
      <www.onelist.com/group/Crosley4>

      The CCOC - A Fine Club.
      You see us everywhere.
      Organized 1952 - reorganized 2006.

    • Charles
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 20, 2011
        Actually, the photo credit goes to someone else, by the time I found them again in my email, someone had already posted the same pictures. I suppose they are getting sent around a bit.
        -Charles