Survey: The Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs.

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2011
      Our Crosleys are all-American, but the FBHVC is a great alliance that advocates everyone's freedom to use historic vehicles. Here's a survey that can reinforce our voice as vintage-car owners, and a note from the FBHVC president, Lord Montagu of Beaulieu, who writes:

      "FBHVC exists to protect the freedom to use historic vehicles, including your freedom to use an historic vehicle whenever you wish.
      FBHVC has to challenge politicians and persuade regulators to adjust policies and draft new rules accordingly. Nothing captures politicians' or regulators' attention more effectively than big or valuable numbers based on firm evidence - hence the need for this periodic survey, which is being undertaken in conjunction with the Historic Vehicle Research Institute.

      "Please use the appropriate link, below, to access the survey questionnaire. This survey questionnaire can be completed anonymously, but if you do provide contact details at the end, FBHVC & HVRI guarantee that your answers will be treated in confidence and that no identifiable information will be divulged.

      "The results of the survey will be a summary of the aggregated answers received.

      "Thank you for helping us to help you stay on the road."

      http://fbhvc.co.uk/survey-2011/
      http://fbhvc.co.uk/survey-2011/
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2011
        These campaigns by various groups are important to all who collect and hope to continue to drive vintage automobiles.  As the myth or reality of globabl warming continues, and there is no denying it is a huge political agenda no matter what one "beleives", the consequences can only result in an impairment of our hobby.  Whether it is a UK or US survey it deserves the attention of any who wish to keep their older classic and vintage cars on the road.

        Thanks Lou, as a British Car hobbyist I should have been aware of this long ago.  I hope others will  join me in taking the time to fill our the questionnaire and not be intimidated in giving personal information.  These sorts of things carry more weight when responders "sign" their name.  Just as a letter to the editor carries more weight when the author signs the letter.